AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze 3000 Markers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

FamousLee
Posted 5/16/2017 07:30 (#6019308)
Subject: Kinze 3000 Markers

Ossian, IN
With have a Kinze 3000 6/12 planter and have been fighting with the markers these 2 years we've owned it. Last year, the markers would bleed down while going down the field. Over the winter, we rebuilt the cylinders on each wing, as they were leaking. Went to head to field this year and both wings would go down at same time, and only 1 would raise, and 1 would raise part way. The first attempt at planting corn, we just had to leave it down, turn planter around, and then drop the other side and raise the original marker.

So while we had 3 down weeks, we put a new sequencing valve on. Now, both markers want to drop at same time, and 1 will raise, and 1 part way, and it takes a lot of cycling to get both markers up. Based on the parts book, the plumbing is correct. We have adjusted the flows to try to help. When they do move, they are very fast. They will raise up by slamming into the planter so hard it jolts the whole thing and has even cracked the markers. There is NO soft stop when raising. Sometimes they will go slow and then part way through just slam up. When lowering, if it's going fast and you stop mid way, it'll jolt the opposite marker as if they are tied together and the jolt is pulling fluid from the opposite marker.

It is very frustrating, especially when it works worse than the old sequencing valve that was junk.

The markers are on the own remote independent from the lift. Almost at the point to do away from the valve and just plumb them direct to the tractor since we have an open remote.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
chief1403
Posted 5/16/2017 08:59 (#6019424 - in reply to #6019308)
Subject: RE: Kinze 3000 Markers

s.e.mn.
Been fighting same valve ,I bet new one has issues
FamousLee
Posted 5/16/2017 09:16 (#6019453 - in reply to #6019424)

Ossian, IN
It's like it's not even switching, it's like it's just plain stuck in the middle so both markers want to drop at the same time. Unfortunately, this was not a dealer stock item and had to wait last time around to get this one.
Ih1206fan
Posted 5/16/2017 11:40 (#6019670 - in reply to #6019453)

Ellsworth, Wisconsin
When our 3000 gives me trouble I put the lock up blocks in and push down that seems to get the air out and solve the problem. I wish ours had some kind of control box. We are all no till so I got lift at the waterways (we have lots of them) and always have to lift twice to get the right marker.

Edit: our planter is the single remote kind

Edited by Ih1206fan 5/16/2017 11:46
FamousLee
Posted 5/17/2017 12:19 (#6021482 - in reply to #6019308)

Ossian, IN
Turns out that if you look at the diagram in the parts manual, it has the hoses backwards...switch hoses around and things work
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)