AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kuhn/Krause Gladiator Striptill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Iceman56
Posted 4/22/2017 07:16 (#5976428)
Subject: Kuhn/Krause Gladiator Striptill

SE South Dakota
Thinking about getting into strip till this fall, instead of conventional till since our soils are lighter and dry out quick... Looks like the Soil Warrior, Krause, and Orthman are popular units. Leaning towards the Gladiator as the Warrior is out of my price range right now and don't have a local dealer for the Orthman around me.

Anyone been have or been around a Gladiator? What are your thoughts on it? Im planning on stripping into bean stubble going to corn next year and putting my P and K down and possibly some Anhydrous.

My other question is if I can pull a 16 row... I would like to get the 16 row, The tractor on it would be a JD FWA 8335 with duals all the way around... I would like to pull it 8" deep, our soils are pretty loose as they are deep chisled often... Does it become a traction issue or a power issue? This tractor is kinda freak power wise, it feels like it has at least 80hp more then our 8310, it also has the big wheel weights and would have a full set of front suitcase weights.

Thanks for any help
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)