AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Allis D15 remote upgrade
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

nmiller
Posted 1/11/2017 19:12 (#5761046)
Subject: Allis D15 remote upgrade

NE Ohio

Hello Guys. We are looking to update our Allis D15 for a functional remote. It will be used for a tandem rake hitch so will not need much flow at all but does need bi-direction.

There seems to be a popular kit(s) available for this purpose. Does anyone on here have any advice or experience with these? It would really make it a much better utility tractor if this is possible.

This is the typical kit I keep seeing: http://www.virginiatractorparts.com/8855.html   

This kit seems to have a nicer coupler mounting: https://www.link_disallowed/parts/hydraulic-systems-387/remote-hydraulic-kit-acrhk1.html

(IMG_3108.JPG)

(IMG_3110.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_3108.JPG (136KB - 554 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3110.JPG (112KB - 540 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RickB
Posted 1/11/2017 19:24 (#5761076 - in reply to #5761046)
Subject: RE: Allis D15 remote upgrade

Lincoln County. NC
How does that work given the D15's high pressure /low volume hydraulic system?
nmiller
Posted 1/11/2017 19:28 (#5761089 - in reply to #5761076)

NE Ohio
Hello Rick. I do not understand but these retro-fit kits seem pretty standard/popular. Hopefully someone can chime in here with a real-life experience. Seems too easy to be true...

Thanks.
Jr64
Posted 1/11/2017 21:11 (#5761480 - in reply to #5761046)

I took one off our WD45 when I restored it. It's still sitting in the shop. We mounted the two way valve under the seat. Basically the tractor pumps into the two way valve and the return oil flows back through a fitting installed in the filler neck of the hydraulic sump on the torque tube. When I used to disc with the 45, I'd lift the hydraulic lever of the tractor as I neared the end of the field and used the two way valve to lift and lower the disc just like any other remote valve. When I'd head back down the field I'd put the shut the tractor pump off until I got to the other end. It worked well for us for nearly 40 years, We used it on a drill fill as well but that was pretty slow with the high pressure low flow pump.
nmiller
Posted 1/12/2017 08:17 (#5762145 - in reply to #5761480)

NE Ohio
Thank you. I guess I didn't realize you needed to activate / deactivate the factory hydraulics when you want to use them. That may be a show stopper for raking as we need to adjust on almost every corner on some odd shape fields.

So this operation is different that traditional open/closed center hydraulic systems which have feedback to stop or relieve the pump? These old tractors simply turn on / off hydraulics with operator action only?

Thanks for any help!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)