AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grumbling old guy learning windows 10
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 5/13/2016 21:52 (#5300261)
Subject: Grumbling old guy learning windows 10

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
I am still a bit miffed about the strong arm forced conversion to windows 10 from the windows 7 I special ordered on this 3 month old computer. Ok now to learn to live with it, as I must admit, some features are better. The number 1 thing I missed that served me so well through win 98, XP, 7, was the ability to right click on a web page and put a shortcut to it on my desk top. This worked well for the sites I use every day like NAT, but also for a short term quick shortcut to a product page that I might want to look at several times before deciding to buy or reject the product. Another was that favorites for things I want to save without cluttering up the desktop., that was there,(star in the top right), but did not seem to work in the "Edge" browser. Well Google helped this old computer inept coot figure it out..
To put a new shortcut on the desk top, click on the 3 little dots in the upper right corner to drop down a list, click on "open in Internet explorer", then right click anywhere on the new page and the faithful old ,drop down "create a shortcut" function list is back, OK that works. I then googled about the non functioning "favorites" program in the upper right. That just needed to be turned on and walked me through how to do it. Life goes on :-)

Edited by Jon Hagen 5/13/2016 22:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)