AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Early S680 capacity
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jicasedeere
Posted 11/26/2015 16:54 (#4920611)
Subject: Early S680 capacity

SE SD
We have owned a 2012 S680 combine and a 616C non-chopping corn head for three seasons now and have some issues that just don't go away.

1.) Bottom feeder house door leaks intermittently. I have adjusted the cam bolts every which way, replaced the latch and handle, and used hoseclamps/duct tape etc...to try and get it to stop leaking. It leaks worse going in and out of ditches and up and down hills.

2.) Dirty grain sample and grinding. I have messed with the settings every which way, tried Deere's recommendations, installed concave spacers etc...I seem to get too much stem and cob in the tank and it seems to chip and grind too much.

3.) I can't drive over 3.5 mph. Any faster and it starts throwing it out the back. 3.2-3.5 mph is all it wants even in dry corn.

The S680 has plenty of horsepower, but boy am I disappointed in the job it does with being able to thresh and clean fast enough. Using my calculations, I can only combine about 15 acres an hour of 180+ bushel, dry corn. Which comes out to roughly 2,500-3,000 bushels an hour. My goal was 20 acres an hour or 4,000-5,000 bushels an hour. I know Deere did some updates to the sieves in 2014, but obviously it wasn't enough because I read that they have increased capacity again in 2016 as well as add to the sieves again and redesigned the cleaning shoe.....Not sure what to do at this point, What I'm doing now obviously isn't working. I'm thinking my best bet would be to sell both units and go back to a 50, 60, or 70 series STS and an 8 row head. The most productivity I ever got out of an 8 row was about 2,000 bushels an hour.....What type of productivity, speed, etc. are you guys getting with your 8-12-16 row heads? With these grain prices, I really don't feel like shelling out the coin for a 2016 S680 and "hope" it solves the problems of this 2012 model...Going red is tempting, but our dealer CaseIH dealer sucks!!!!! Our Agco/CAT dealer service sucks too....

(IMG_20150921_140134511[1].jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20150921_140134511[1].jpg (118KB - 434 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)