AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Homemade Tile Plow revisited
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

schilly
Posted 8/16/2015 17:53 (#4736356)
Subject: Homemade Tile Plow revisited

SE IOWA
Hello guys, new poster here. Been lurking for a while, decided to join.

Attaching some pictures of a tile plow I built, designed by Agtalk member 17821x . I changed a few things but many of you remember the original one that he built and others also built- this is essentially the same plow.

We have used it to install almost 18,000 feet of 4" tile, almost 6 maxi rolls if I remember right. We usually go about 3'2" deep, but can go up to 3'6" deep if needed. We do not currently have any GPS subinch accuracy or a laser, although I really want to get my hands on one. For now, my dad walks the run and flags it, we are pattern tiling hillsides that have 3-5% grades so we are able to keep our grade pretty well. We pull it with a 4755 John Deere FWA set at 200hp, and almost always have a JD 650H dozer hooked on front. We have plenty of HP with the 4755, just not near enough traction. We are pulling in mostly clay subsoils which makes for hard going. I want to try this plow out on a neighbors 9200 four wheel drive, but haven't done so yet.

I had the plow finished for county fair by the end of June, we used it for a week, and it is now at The Iowa State Fair where it received reserve grand champion in the FFA large item welding class. If you go to the Iowa state fair, stop by and check the FFA/4H projects out- southwest side of the grounds.

If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them, thanks

pic descriptions:
1,2&3 Tile plow at work
4- taking plow to county fair (didn't actually use it on 4450!)
5- welding
6- On display at State Fair
7- A nice 1256 restored by a fellow FFA'er that was going to pull my plow in the parade before I decided not to do the parade. Not my tractor.

(making conections.jpg)

(rear view.jpg)

(side view.jpg)

(4450 county fair.jpg)

(Weldin.jpg)

(State Fair reserve welding champ.jpg)

(1256 Brady North.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments making conections.jpg (90KB - 956 downloads)
Attachments rear view.jpg (101KB - 889 downloads)
Attachments side view.jpg (98KB - 903 downloads)
Attachments 4450 county fair.jpg (111KB - 943 downloads)
Attachments Weldin.jpg (60KB - 1037 downloads)
Attachments State Fair reserve welding champ.jpg (129KB - 936 downloads)
Attachments 1256 Brady North.png (119KB - 1035 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)