AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

is it ok to use #1 diesel, cont...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rustndust
Posted 11/21/2014 04:02 (#4191296)
Subject: is it ok to use #1 diesel, cont...

I've been fortunate this winter "so far"...to not have any gelling problems with the fuel...still harvesting so plenty of engines being used yet.

No heated shops to park them in...so I added an early treatment with "Howes"....probably way over treated on a recommended per gallon basis.

I had most of the farm supply tank, tractors, combine, and vehicle tanks mostly filled with #2 when the forecast called for much lower temps...unable to burn it all out before adding #1...so they got the "howes" treatment right away.

After they got used more..there was room for #1 to dilute the #2.

Point of all this is that I got the "howes" into the tanks before the fuel temperature got real cold.

I was told that if you do it before the fuel temp in the tanks goes under 55 degrees f....it will mix better and not stratify out while sitting in a cold tank.

Just wondering if this is true in anybody else's experience?

I've had enough trouble in the past to last me a lifetime....especially the year we were using biodiesel when it got cold.

Also, this link from Iafarmerken was most interesting, thanks Ken. http://fleetowner.com/site-files/fleetowner.com/files/uploads/2012/09/Fleet%20Owner%20rebutal%20article%209-1-12.pdf

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)