AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

24 volt generator / 12 volt batteries question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GCAT
Posted 7/23/2013 22:31 (#3226003)
Subject: 24 volt generator / 12 volt batteries question

Eastern Kansas
Alright, stupid question of the day. What happens if you let a 24 volt generator charge two 12 volt batteries that are hooked up as 12 volt (not 24 volt).

Background: I bought a JD 3010 last winter from a friend who had bought it from a friend who had bought it from a friend......long story short, who ever owned it when it was last in daily use must have jerry-rigged and booby trapped just about everything on it. The latest snafu is that the starter is a 12 volt starter but the generator is 24 volt. The batteries are two 12 volt batteries hooked up in parallel for 12 volts. I didn't know the starter was a 12 volt til I had it rebuilt today, which is also when I realized the batteries are hooked up in 12 volt. The tech said if the starter was 24 volt there should be 2 of the small plastic solenoids mounted to the metal plate that is mounted to the starter solenoids, rather than the 1 shown in the picture. He said if it's wired 12 volt there shouldn't be any of those plastic solenoids. Ahhhhh - I dislike electrical. Anyone got any ideas?

(3010 starter.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 3010 starter.jpg (41KB - 371 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)