AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stop and Waste Valve or hydrant to fill water tank?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bleedred
Posted 6/9/2013 21:41 (#3147056)
Subject: Stop and Waste Valve or hydrant to fill water tank?

East Central Ia
I picked up a 12,000 gal water tank that I am going to use for to tend my sprayer. It will be fed off of a good sized well that currently feeds my house as well as my brothers, but no livestock.

I was thinking I would run a 1" water line to it and put a stop and waste valve in the ground. But I am wondering if this will fill the tank fast enough that we will have water pressure issues in our houses. With a tank this large I won't have to worry about it filling up fast as I should have plenty of water ahead of my sprayer at all times.

Should I just put a hydrant in expecting it to fill slower? Or put an underground stop waste valve in and another shutoff valve above ground that I can use to "throttle back" the flow if needed?

The well is pretty well centered between the three places we need water. Maybe 300' from the shop where the tank will sit, 150' from my house and 200' from my brothers. We each have pressure tanks in our houses and we will install a pressure tank in the shop as well. The water does go to my house first as all the well controls are in my basement, and then out to my brothers house. He doesn't seem to have any trouble with this set up and he probably has 500' of water line between the well and his house.

There are no check valves in this system so water can freely flow between everything.

Edited by bleedred 6/9/2013 21:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)