AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help lifting wings on JD 2623 disk!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tlupton
Posted 11/17/2012 07:41 (#2701681 - in reply to #2701579)
Subject: Re: Help lifting wings on JD 2623 disk!!!!

Oxford County Ontario
I see what you are saying by lowering the center section. that will put more oil back into the reservoir but unless your reservoir was running low on oil that won't give you any more pressure. being a level lift you wing will come down as you lower the center section and I don't think this will gain you anything. there is a couple things that I would try. First would be folded out and depending on how it is plumped( all single or double acting cylinders)
If you could put quarter turn valves on all the wing wheel cylinders and shut them off in the raised position so when you lower the main frame your wings stay up and see if that gets it to the point of being over centre enough that the tractor can pull it the rest of the way. second and probably the easiest but maybe harder on the frame would be to run another set of hoses and run each wing at a time on seperate scvs instead of trying to pull both at the same time. Or larger lift cylinders that will give you more surface area on the piston just to give you the extra push. I'm not familiar with deeres disk numbers but there 5 section fold model would be alot heavier wing to pull than a set of harrows mounted on the back of a machine. Would it possibly be the cylinders you should have on the disk if it is the same main frame and wing design? Sorry for the long reply just thinking out loud as I was typing
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)