AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody Put Sheetmetal/Tin On A Barn?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BenP
Posted 7/4/2012 15:14 (#2466367)
Subject: Anybody Put Sheetmetal/Tin On A Barn?

Central Nebraska
We have a couple of barns that are structurally sound, but need a makeover on the outside. I have a neighbor that had someone come in and put sheet metal on his barn sides instead of painting it. It looks nice and I'm guessing will last a long time. One of these days I plan on getting over there and asking him about it, when I have time.

Now, this is the part where I'm dreaming a bit. Our house is currently yellow and the barns are red. Our house needs resided, and I think we're going to go with a darker green of some variety. I would like to change the color of the barns from red to white, with dark green trim. I think it would look nice (I like dark green, if you haven't guessed) and should last a long time. One of the barns is currently used to store parts, while the smaller one will be used for the wife's horse when her Dad brings it up, and a couple of bucket calves, so to me, it's not a waste of money at all to preserve these barns as long as I can, if I can afford to do it.

I was wondering if anyone had experience doing this, or if you had any pictures of barns with sheet metal or tin on them (they don't have to be white, just want to visualize the look of the metal). I was also wondering if anyone had any idea what this might cost, if it's priced by square feet, or sheet, or how they do it. Just kind of looking ballpark. Any info or thoughts are appreciated!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)