AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SEED FRAUD - check your seed tags
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

steiner43511
Posted 6/1/2012 20:03 (#2409641)
Subject: SEED FRAUD - check your seed tags

Northern Ohio Grain
If you still have your corn and soybean bags from this spring, you might want to check your tags if you bought any Stine seed.

My friend caught the dealer swapping out seed tags on soybean minibulks. He bought and paid for a 2.8 bean, but the dealer was trying to deliver a 2.4 bean with zeroxed 2.8 tags untill he was caught red-handed. You can tell they are fakes, you can see lines from the copy process and he didn't copy the back of the tag that has all the disclaimers on it like the real tags.

I ordered and paid for corn back in Jan on a new non-GMO number that looked promising. Recieved the seed and didn't think too much about it, after all I trusted the dealer. After hearing about the fake soybean mini-bilk tags floating around, I decided to check my bags. Sure enough, I got screwed. The tags that are attached to the bags are zeroxed copies of the corn I was supposed to get. They are stapled on, not sewn on. Behind the tag, the hybrid number is stamped into the bag. But somebody took a permanent marker and crossed it out. After talking with the DSM and back-tracking the lot number, they gave me a corn they quit making. But the DSM said "I would have sold you that one." Sure you would.

So far its pretty clear that the dealer and the DSM are involved. The Ohio Dept of Ag is investigating and sounds like they have enough to prosecute. Email me if you want more information.

You just can't trust anybody anymore.

Edited by steiner43511 6/4/2012 23:53

(100_0120-800.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 100_0120-800.jpg (38KB - 314 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)