AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

915 rock dam follow up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 9/24/2007 21:26 (#208925)
Subject: 915 rock dam follow up

Just thought I would post a few pictures of the rock dam I put on my 915 head. I'm sure some will say that I should have used a larger diameter hose. However, I wanted to use this solid rubber hose with steel wire coiled inside rather than the other type suction hose as I think this will be slightly more durable for "here".

I've always had good luck feeding beans in and don't really need it for short beans. My main reason for adding it is to make some sort of barrier to keep rocks from slipping in. There are so many times it is just so dusty and you pull out at the end and see a rock laying on the platform just ready to roll in.

I used some larger than needed conduit hold down clamps and formed them to wrap around the hose more fully. I also had to trim the ends of clamps to keep them from sticking out too far and rubbing the back of the knife. I ended up putting a hold down clamp about every foot along the length of the head. I had thought about using some larger PVC pipe but thought it might make things too rigid where the hose while slightly smaller would be quite a bit more flexible. Most of my fields are pretty smooth and mostly level so I don't need to the extreme amount of flex in the head most of the time anyhow.

Just thought I would post  a few pictures in case anyone was interested.

(P9240060 (Medium).JPG)

(P9240086 (Medium).JPG)

(P9240093 (Medium).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P9240060 (Medium).JPG (61KB - 260 downloads)
Attachments P9240086 (Medium).JPG (50KB - 276 downloads)
Attachments P9240093 (Medium).JPG (56KB - 278 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)