AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Packaging
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 2/27/2012 10:23 (#2254782)
Subject: Packaging

East central Iowa

I just got a video card from an online company.  The shipping box measures 16.x8.5.x12.  The box inside the shipping box measures 8.5X2X11.5.  There was a ton of paper on top of that box but nothing under it or around it.  The video card measures about 4X7X.75.

Every time I get something like this it's way over packaged.  It's kind of disappointing, I look at the box thinking wow and then open it and go, humph. 

Bigger thing is, why do they waste so much?  I'm not exactly an ecological greeny but my German heritage believes in using everything and not wasting.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Southern Farmer
Posted 2/27/2012 10:33 (#2254802 - in reply to #2254782)
Subject: RE: Packaging

West Texas

I'm not exactly an ecological greeny but my German heritage believes in using
everything and not wasting.

You think maybe they have purchased  a supply that fits most of their shipments and bought a bunch of them because the more you buy the cheaper they are. Then they fill the void so that the package cant roll around and teat the shipping box. Just wondering.

bwire
Posted 2/27/2012 10:36 (#2254804 - in reply to #2254782)
Subject: Re: Packaging

Rock County, MN
They make a contract with the transport companies and they prefer the containers (boxes) be of a particular dimension then they receive a flat rate for all shipments of that class regardless of weight; think it's like the flat rate boxes for shipping USPS and they are about that size too....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)