AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hiniker NH3 Rate controller question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

G man
Posted 5/26/2011 22:11 (#1793728)
Subject: Hiniker NH3 Rate controller question.

Southwestern IL St. Clair Co.

First time using my Hiniker 8160 rate controller along with new flow meter, servo valve and cooler. I have a GPS speed sensor, so it's my understanding no distance calibration was needed. (What book descibes) After first tank my meter showed a total of 2635 #'s of actual nitrogen. Used tank weight (#'s of actual nitrogen) was around 2750 #'s. Is this a normal allowable difference? I had some issue when I first started but I thought the volume started recording, but maybe I put some product thru before I got it all setup correctly (maybe why I showing less then tank weight)? Any suggestions for tips would be appreciated. Will be sidedressing corn hopefully in next week to 10 days along with bean planting. TIA, John

Top of the page Bottom of the page
KevinM
Posted 5/26/2011 22:18 (#1793749 - in reply to #1793728)
Subject: Re: Hiniker NH3 Rate controller question.

SE IL
Now that you have it working properly maybe you should run another tank? 2-3% would be considered allowable for me. I would still calibrate speed sensor to console.
illinifarmer1
Posted 5/26/2011 22:31 (#1793789 - in reply to #1793728)

Illinois
We have a similar setup tied to a JD 2600 monitor for field mapping, the only variable becomes the pulse setting which I would suggest lowering .1 I was running alittle heavy putting on NH3 last week and changed my pulse from 17.4 to 17.3 and it worked out almost exact. Good luck.
djg
Posted 5/27/2011 11:04 (#1794501 - in reply to #1793728)

mn
Keep in mind the 8160 does not count vollume when in "hold" or swithed off. So any nh3 applied when the console was in "Hold" would not be counted. The vollume reading can also be affected when charging or discharging the system(air and or vapor adding to the vollume count) Lets assume your numbers are good which indicates a 4% overapplication. To compensate you would reduce your pulses per pound calibrate number by 4%. If there is any doubt in the numbers look at the weight 2750 divided by actual acres covered to see how the rate per acre came out. Reduce the pulses per pound by the same percentage of overapplication. A Hiniker GPS speed sensor does not require any field calibration when connected to a hiniker controller. Simply enter the speed cal number listed on the instruction sheet. Model 8160=2.0. A side note for your application, side dressing with typical higher tank pressures and lower application rates, remember to install the smaller orifice in the refrigerant inlet of the cooler.
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)