AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Picked up my new trailer yesterday.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kstate90
Posted 3/25/2011 08:03 (#1688940)
Subject: Picked up my new trailer yesterday.

North Central Kansas
Ok its not exactly new but it is to me. It is a M871 22.5ton trailer. It is built really heavy. I bought this trailer on Gov Liquidation a couple of weeks ago and went down yesterday to pick it up. Trailer was even better than I expected. The tires are all good even the spare. The wood deck looks good and solid. The only problems we had was that they had jacked it up as high as it would go and removed the jack handle. Didn't quite plan on that but a 5/8 wrench fits into the bolt hole good enough to turn the shaft. The GL guy helped by picking the trailer up with his forklift to take the pressure off to make it jack easier. We also had some light issues that I will have to figure out.

My plan is to put a 2000 gallon eliptical tank on the front for liquid fertilizer when I am planting and a 1000 gallon vertical. When I am not planting I will use both of them for water to tender the sprayer. I also plan on using it to haul hay and other things. For the price it is alot of trailer. It is only 30' long but should be easy to get in and out of driveways.

The big yellow thing was parked in the corner of the lot. Might be kind of fun to drive that thing. I bet that water cannon could peal some paint.

Edited by kstate90 3/25/2011 08:34

(M871 recovery.jpg)

(M871 deck.jpg)

(missing jack handle.jpg)

(airport fire truck.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments M871 recovery.jpg (55KB - 137 downloads)
Attachments M871 deck.jpg (49KB - 126 downloads)
Attachments missing jack handle.jpg (59KB - 115 downloads)
Attachments airport fire truck.jpg (58KB - 156 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)