AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

White 6100 planter units...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tiny42ND
Posted 1/20/2011 20:27 (#1561892)
Subject: White 6100 planter units...

Is there a market for used 6100 planter units? Maybe somebody building/retrofitting/upgrading an existing planter? Custom seed plot planters? Deer food plot planters? I am working out the possibilities of a future project and need some input. We have a 24x22 planter now and I am wondering about selling the units and planting accessories down to the bare bar, then use that cash to build an anhydrous side-dress rig, the bar is the most expensive part anyway. We will need to replace the planter, but also need an anhydrous rig. On trade the planter will not bring much against a newer CCS planter and a new NH3 rig is big bucks. I'm just trying to think through some options. If I am completely out of my mind, please tell me. TIA!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Kooiker
Posted 1/20/2011 20:35 (#1561912 - in reply to #1561892)
Subject: RE: White 6100 planter units...

Tiny42ND - 1/20/2011  If I am completely out of my mind, please tell me. TIA!

+1

I think there are cheaper easier ways to go about getting a toolbar.  8rw 5100's are cheap, buy two and start welding. 

There are row crop cultivators that have very heavy duty bars that can be bought cheap.

There is definitely a market for your 6100 units but most of that market is for a couple rows at a time (fill in wheel tracks on splitter planters), it'd take a while to move 24 rows.

Pfarms
Posted 1/20/2011 20:51 (#1561947 - in reply to #1561892)
Subject: Tiny...

EC MN - Hour North of 'The Cities'
How many bushel hoppers?

What type of wear and what year were they new?

Any ideas on a price as of yet?

Thanks,
Lance

P.S.

I'm assuming you have a Wil-Rich PT 2200 bar?
Tiny42ND
Posted 1/20/2011 22:11 (#1562182 - in reply to #1561892)
Subject: Re: White 6100 planter units...

Kooiker= yes there are prob other ways of getting a tool bar, but the one we have is a two-point 7x7 double bar. Very strong in my opinion. Vertical fold with 4 lift assist wheels. There is a hitch already on the rear that we have used to pull our liquid fertilizer tank. So, pulling a single or even double tanks could be done I think. Plus we want to stay with the width so we can cover 24 rows each pass. I don't know what is the right decision but just trying to think outside the box a bit.

Pfarms= I think the hoppers are the 1.9 bu variety? I would say that they have many acres left in them, we just are thinking of going in a different direction. We have completely dismantled each unit cleaning it up and replacing brushes, shims, etc. before this past planting season. We have corn, soybean, and sugar beet plates. I don't have any idea what they are worth. Just like anything else I guess, they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them. The bar we have is a two-point custom double 7x7 vertical fold, 12 units on the main with 6 on each wing. Like I said, I am pondering options and welcome any info! Thank you.
Kooiker
Posted 1/20/2011 22:33 (#1562254 - in reply to #1562182)
Subject: White 6100 seed hoppers

are either 2 bu or 3 bu with 2 bu being the norm.

Since the toolbar is a specialty item I'd say it comes down to how much you think the toolbar is worth and how long you're willing to take to sell the rows off.

There is a dealer in NE with 6000 series row units for $600/row.  Be pretty tough to get much more than that seeing that complete wide row 6100's can be had for quite a bit less than $1000/row on farm sales.

http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/list.aspx?ETID=1&catid=1123&Manu=WHITE&Mdltxt=6000&mdlx=exact

runningbehind
Posted 1/22/2011 23:23 (#1566218 - in reply to #1561892)
Subject: Re: White 6100 planter units...

NC ND
It all comes down to price in teh end, but I think you could move them. Keep my email from my profile around if you get serious about it, I might be interested in 16 or more. Have actually talked to that guy down in NE also.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)