AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Freightliner door
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

flinkster
Posted 4/13/2007 14:02 (#136006)
Subject: Freightliner door

Osnabrock ND
What can I do with the door on my Freightliner? You have to roll down window and slam it about 3 -4 times to get it to close all the way. Seems like something is out of adjustment. I know what some of you will say, get a different truck but this ones fine except for the door problem. Can't tell but maybe something is worn out. Any ideas I'll try.

Jeff
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JoshA
Posted 4/13/2007 14:24 (#136026 - in reply to #136006)
Subject: RE: Freightliner door

Alberta, Canada
"That's the way it's supposed to be."
They don't call them Freightshakers for nothing. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Freightliner, we've had a couple and they've been real good machines, and are probably what we'd get again, however all of them seem to be like that. Been in COEs, FLD112s, 120s, Centuries, Columbias, all have the same rattling door effect.

Therefore I don't have a good solution, but I too would like to hear some.
-Josh
KTinSD
Posted 4/13/2007 16:34 (#136084 - in reply to #136006)

East Central SD
On my '95 the door hinge was worn (you can check it by lifting on the door with it part way open to see how much play there is in the hinge).
With a new hinge it closes pretty nice but it does help to open the window just a crack to prevent air pressure inside the cab as the door closes. HTH. Kevin
shade
Posted 4/13/2007 18:11 (#136122 - in reply to #136006)
Subject: KT got it!

NC Kansas
Get a new door hinge. They are a piano style hinge and easy to change out. Don't give it a big slam till you are sure you have it adjusted. You can try marking the holes but the door was probably adjusted after the old hinge had some wear also. Use a piece of paper as a guide. It should be able to pull through the weatherstripping with a slight drag. An easy pull will be wind noise and a hard pull means the hinge will wear faster. Freightliner shops I have been in use the paper trick. I've done it and it works!
brad se il
Posted 4/13/2007 18:22 (#136129 - in reply to #136006)

Also check for wear on the pin that the door latch locks onto, if it is wore it will let the door move up and down and make it harder to latch. You can get the pins at most auto parts stores. As far as opening the window to get the door closed I think that is a good thing, it helps keep dust out of the cab, the tighter the air seal on the cab the cleaner the cab will stay.
Tazzerblue
Posted 4/13/2007 21:21 (#136239 - in reply to #136006)

SW MN
Had same problem on FLD 112 I replaced both the latch and the stricker bolt( bushing), now it works just like new.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)