AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7710 digital dash says open-anybody know what is wrong
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

HFR
Posted 2/15/2010 17:15 (#1076280)
Subject: 7710 digital dash says open-anybody know what is wrong

Central Minnesota
   We have a late model Ford 7710 just like the one in Old Reds post with the doggy in the cab.  Bought it new in 1991 and now has 3300 hours. Started out as a spray, baler, hauling manure tractor when we had cattle. Now mostly runs swing hopper auger and have a 3 point mounted fork lift that it gets used for.

Any way this fall the digital dash quit working. It won't read out the RPM'S, the speed and the PTO RPM. It just says OPEN on the readout. Anybody know if there is a fix or am I looking at a new dash?   Anyway it is about the first thing that has gone wrong with this tractor. TIA

Edited by HFR 2/15/2010 17:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page
illinidirtfarmer
Posted 2/15/2010 17:37 (#1076318 - in reply to #1076280)
Subject: Re: 7710 digital dash says open-anybody know what is wrong

WC IL
Not sure about the 7710, but have an 8730 andhere's what it says in the owner's manual if dash says open:
If a malfunction occurs in the coolant temperature, engine oil pressure,fuel level, engine speed or ground speed circuits, OPEN will display to indicate an open circuit and the corresponding bargraph (or MPH/KPH for ground speed circuit malfunction) will flash when the key-start switch is on and the engine is not running.
If the fault is in the fuel level circuit,the whole bargraph will flash if the engine is running. With the engine stopped and the key-start switch on, the four left hand segments of the bargraph will flash if the fault is in the No. 1 fuel tank circuit. If the fault is in the No. 2 circuit, then the four right hand bars will flash.
It also says if the malfunction is a short, them SHCR will display in the panel.
This says to me you probably have a plug loose, broken wire, or bad sensor on one the cicuits, if the 7710 is the same dash is used in both.By the way, my 8730 is also a 1991.
The tach and speed sensor quit working on mine a couple of years ago, replaced the engine speed sensor on the back of the alternator, and the transmission input speed sensor on the flywheel, and that fixed it. Mine is a power shift and both sensors showed up as a fault code on the tranmission, not in the digital dash.
Hope this helps.
HFR
Posted 2/15/2010 18:05 (#1076350 - in reply to #1076318)
Subject: Re: 7710 digital dash says open-anybody know what is wrong

Central Minnesota
   Thanks dirtfarmer. Not sure if it is the same as a 8730 but  I will have to see if I can find which circuit it is by turning just the key on. The fuel guage hasn't worked right for a couple of years but would show a level when the key was turned on and then flash after that but wasn't a big deal as the tractor hardly ever left the yard.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)