AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Guidance lines AL to CNH
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Oliver1
Posted 5/15/2024 06:42 (#10740377)
Subject: Guidance lines AL to CNH

Alton, Ia
Over the years made lines with AL Geosteer & Cors RTK. Switched this winter to CNH steering instead, NAV III controller. When I follow a curve, the steering is terrible, movements so aggressive you can't use it. I dropped aggressiveness setting from 80 all the way to 25, no difference I could see. Tractor jumps side to side 3-4 ft. Straight lines it steers fine. If I map a line, including curves with the Pro 700/Nav III/372, then it steers fine, so I would think the NAV etc. is working okay.

I have looked at some of the lines in SMS, zooming in, don't see misaligned data points. Lines worked well when using the AL steering, so I would think data is okay. Everything was saved into SMS, cleaned up, etc., then exported using full device option in SMS, to a NH Intelliview IV monitor, .CN1 file.

It's not as simple as just going out and remapping. These are contours and terraces. For example, I have one 140 acre field with 27 lines., just for planting one time. Each grass terrace has two, above and below, and then they blend when you come off the end. A lot of time was invested into these, is there any way to save them? We also no till beans into cornstalks, my goal was good enough lines to drop the beans between the 20" rows almost everywhere.

This issue has been ongoing, I noticed it in mid April, before the solar flare storm this weekend. It's stuff like this why I will never order a planter without markers.

I have video, but they are SOOO far over 2 mb. I can email them if somebody wants to see.

Any help or guidance ( :) ) would be greatly appreciated. Is there a conversion or something in SMS I'm not aware of? Thank you.

Edited by Oliver1 5/15/2024 06:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)