AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Excess rain starting to more than offset planting progress reports.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 5/2/2024 10:22 (#10726072)
Subject: Excess rain starting to more than offset planting progress reports.

Nw Iowa
A lot of the early planting progress will be negated by excess rain. Not complaining at all, just a market observation. We have went from bone dry, started raining shortly after 14th, got a short window last week to a lot of water standing this morning. Here dry springs that gets crop up and running usually our best crop. A lot of crop has been in the ground 3 weeks here and nothing up which isn’t uncommon on early planting here but sitting in a super soaked ground for a couple of weeks is going to take some of our top yield off here in pot hole country. ( still a fair amount of rain predicted) Our early planting advantage kind of going by the wayside. Actually the first corn we planted around the 10th looks best as it it got last weeks heat. Beans planted right before rain I haven’t dug yet but probably in most trouble. I think system tiled ground will be okay for most part but last nights rain is starting to be too much and will not dry out much before next system. Happy for rain as we were bone dry but taking away a lot of advantage that early planting usually gives so some of planting progress will be offset by weather.
This is just a observation, not a big problem, Big problems is those hit by tornados last week, my heart and prayers go out to them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)