AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sell stops hitting stopped rally.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 3/29/2024 09:42 (#10685226 - in reply to #10684376)
Subject: RE: sell stops hitting stopped rally.....

East Central South Dakota
The point of the post, outside of the playground bickering above was, with so much corn in farmer hands, rallies will be met with farmer selling, slowing the ascent to higher prices. To combat this put in sell orders at specific deflection points. $4.48 was a deflection point caused by a high volume of sell orders. If basis next 4-5 weeks continues to strengthen, maybe lock some bushels in on basis fixed, so you at least have half of price component locked in-----if a corn wall actually does start to come to town.

I do not know what the weather is going to do, and I do not know what direction futures are going to go. My simple mind is only capable of recognizing some of the very basics and I even screw that up half the time-----mostly because of greed and by living long enough to position myself to be able to store grain long enough that I can sleep through opportunities and sell for less and still be able to eat in town once a while. Although, I will say, there is not much happiness in a happy meal anymore. 13 bucks for a crappy sandwich.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)