AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4655 Spra Coupe
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Andover
Posted 2/11/2024 10:13 (#10618599)
Subject: 4655 Spra Coupe

Guelph, Ontario

I am having a starting / transmission issue with a 4655 Spra Coupe with the Allison automatic transmission.

First off, late last fall it wouldn't start. By that I mean it wouldn't turn over. After checking fuses etc.I finally hopped the power across at the starter with the key in the run position and it fired right up.  Problem is the transmission light is on and it only gives me 1st and reverse.  It was enough to get the machine winterized and in storage.
Now I have it in the shop and trying to diagnose the problem. 
It acts like it thinks it's in gear (not neutral).
I have swapped out most of the relays with a new one hoping that it was the problem. No luck.

The thing I notice is that when I have it running and release the parking brake the buzzer sounds as if you were trying to drive with the parking brake on..
I have been trying to work through the tech. manual (with my limited experience) and have come across one thing that has me focusing around the park brake and all the relays associated with it. 
The tech, manual says.." To shift the Allison transmission from neutral, the park brake must be released and the service brake pressed".

So on mine, right now, I can move the gear selector out of neutral as soon as I depress the service brake , whether the parking brake is on or off.  The indicator light on the dash functions properly for the parking brake.

Can someone tell me if on their 4655 auto if they have to have the parking brake off to get the selector to move... I just don't remember what it was like before.

T.I.A.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)