AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Intellislope Issue near power lines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

JDpastor
Posted 11/14/2023 09:20 (#10481722)
Subject: Intellislope Issue near power lines

I posted this in the machinery section, but decided it should probably be in precision:

I have noticed that when I install near power lines, I often get a message that I am too far from the survey when I go to back into the hole. I do not have a problem if I drive past the start before I dig the hole, but if I back over the hole and then drive the survey it will tell me that I am too far from the survey once I come back unless I drive ahead about 5 more feet. If there are no power lines around, I can drive up to the hole with the plow behind me and still be close enough. Do others have this issue? I have only noticed it around high voltage lines. Everything else seems to be working fine. The times I have noticed it, I have been within about 50 feet of being directly under the big lines.

The one field I was in the base station was on the same side of the power line as the receiver. I can tile some years and not be around any power lines, but this year I have been in two different fields with them, and both fields had a couple of starts near the lines. The fields were about 20 miles apart. I had no problem in the other parts of the field. The one time I was able to back over the start hole and resurvey and did not have a problem. Another time, the start hole was deep enough that I just set the plow in and drove ahead and the back of the plow was still out in the hole and front was already in the ground when I set it. By driving ahead that little bit, I got a signal and was still able to check depth.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)