AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need a sprayer controller
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

W Bench Farms
Posted 1/25/2023 09:09 (#10058764)
Subject: Need a sprayer controller

Lisbon, OH
Having to update the spray controller and components on my sprayer. The controller itself is still OK, but need come components, and they are NLA. Have had several suggestions, and wanted to run it by you all. Spray 200 acres or less, small fields. 70-80 corn/beans and around 100 hay and pasture. Usually apply around 10 gpa. 55' booms, and I have them split pretty much in half, so olny need to control 2 sections. Could set up to split up to 4 sections, but not a necessity. I had been running my old controller manually, but would be nice to have automatic rate control. I mainly used the console to turn booms on/off, and monitor speed and area covered.
Originally had a Micro Trak unit, and have looked at the Spray Mate II. Seems like a pretty good deal for a complete setup. A Raven 440 has been mentioned. Have looked at some used consoles, and seems like a wide variation in age on some of them. AgExpress says they still service them, and looks like quite a few folks still using them. I would like to stay under $2000 for the whole setup if possible. Can get a new Spray Mate for around $1700. Wasn't sure if I could piece a 440 together for less than that. The only thing that concerns me with the Raven is repair support and parts. Looks like a simple unit to use, and that's what I need. Open to any suggestions, or leads on used.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)