AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1200 incommand in a 470 Steiger
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/14/2022 11:37 (#9439573 - in reply to #9439354)
Subject: RE: 1200 incommand in a 470 Steiger

Southern Minnesota
I was in a somewhat similar situation with my Deere tractor and Deere planter with an Ag Leader down force ISO module. My thoughts and ideas may or may not be correct for my situation. Even if they are, they may not apply to your situation as I'm making some educated guesses. My system does work with the module

My tractor is a Deere 8310R which is a few years old now. Most of my planter modules use the Ag Leader CAN system and the Ag Leader cable provides power to the modules on the rear of the planter and also the Ag Leader CAN communication to them. That wiring is still used.

I purchased a Down force Module that uses the IBBC connector already on the tractor. This harness leads from the hitch to the down force module also on the rear of the planter. However if I would plug the harness coming from the Ag Leader ISO Down Force Module into the tractor IBBC connector, the module would be connected to the Deere system which does not have a Deere display to work with the down force module.

Instead I was advised to use a Hijack cable. It may be the one in the previous link. What it appears to do is Hijack or reroute the IBBC connector on the rear of the tractor to go to my InCommand 1200 instead of the Deere system where it had originally gone. This means that I get to use the IBBC connector already on the tractor rather than having to buy another one to get to the InCommand 1200. The Hijack cable seemed to have a terminator as part of it so the tractor would not complain.

Another approach that I think could work would be to get an Ag Leader cable that mates with the InCommand cable and has a IBBC connector of its own to go out the rear of the tractor. This would likely be quite expensive since I think the IBBC connectors are high priced. With that arrangement, the new IBBC connector would be used and the original IBBC connector would not be used. The original IBBC connector could be used if I got a Deere display. Since that is unlikely, reusing my original IBBC connector with the Hijack cable is probably best.

Hopefully this makes sense and helps with your situation.

Edited by tedbear 1/14/2022 12:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)