AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Did I reck the pump ? Hydraulic Hose leaked ? ? ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 4/25/2012 22:33 (#2353940)
Subject: Did I reck the pump ? Hydraulic Hose leaked ? ? ?

central - east central Minnesota -

MX150 FWA tractor - Noticed that dust started sticking to the window . . . .  not normal, stop and crawl out of the cab to look . . .
Main hose from pump to filter was gushing on tractor. Was out in the middle of now where and though I better head to the road at least. Well made it to the road and was only 2 blocks or so from home, so kept going.
Got into yard and parked the tractor. Still gushing fluid, but makeing whineing noise ~
Do you think I did any damage to the pump ?
What a dirty greasy mess - Pressure washed it and found the battery ground cable rubbed through the pump hose. 
Ziegler didn't have the correct fittings, in St Cloud and neither did my CaseNH dealer - Another dealer 60 miles away has one in stock.  A 14inch, 1 inch inside diameter, hose with 90° elbow and streight fetting on other end, $160.
Not a good day, this morning, the main hydraulic hose from reservoir to drive motor pump on Skidsteer blew also. When they blow, you loose all the hydraulic fluid in the reservoir ~ Got the brother to haul that to Ziegler for me, on his tilt deck trailer . . .
Oh well, there's always another day . . . . .

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)