AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ideas for a Morton barn sliding door center (floor) latch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BBfarms
Posted 7/1/2021 19:54 (#9088487)
Subject: Ideas for a Morton barn sliding door center (floor) latch

SE Michigan
Barn has (2) sliding doors (20 & 21' wide) The set of doors facing south gets used allot, that is my main entrance (end doors). On that end, I have a concrete floor / 1' wide "dirt" area and a concrete apron on the outside. That "T" latch has never been an issue. The other door set faces east get used seldom and has gravel floor / apron on either side of the doors. I can't seem to work out a way for that floor "T" to stay in place in winters, always heaves and pushes the doors up and binds in the track. What are my options for a floor latch system? That ground seems to heave allot, even with no latch it will still bind the doors if I am not careful.

the pic below is the south facing door, the east facing door is facing the smaller barn

Thinking about digging way down and filling a 1' wide area with concrete possibly 3-4' deep with something to attach the doors to like a pipe in the ground that I can slide another pipe into that is attached to the doors ??

Ideas?? Pic's ????

I should also note that anything that enters that door needs to be driven in at an angle since there is another barn just east of that one so I don't want anything that could cut a tire.

Edited by BBfarms 7/1/2021 19:57

(FBTB8232 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments FBTB8232 (full).JPG (143KB - 151 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)