AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any Elk hunters in or been to Idaho?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

play in the dirt
Posted 10/5/2010 22:56 (#1385432)
Subject: Any Elk hunters in or been to Idaho?

south central IOWA
Long story short, I've got a deal being set up for next year to go to a town called Old Town(?). Suppose to be on the border of Washington and Idaho up by the border of Canada. I googled it and think it may be by Newport Idaho. I'm wondering since I've never been Elk hunting if it is better to go bow hunting or use a rifle. The bow season I guess is during the rut time and the rifle season isn't? I feel I am a pretty good bow hunter of whitetail here in Iowa so I'm not concerned I could do what it takes to make the shot but I don't want to get stuck with wishing I had a rifle.

Is this area of the state a good place for Elk? It would be a free guided hunt on private ground(I believe) but the guy guiding doesn't bow hunt, just rifle, but does know how to call them in[he says :-)]
If you had your choice/second chance, would you bow hunt or use a rifle? When can you apply for the licenses? The deal is in the infant stage so I don't know too many details but if anyone has any info I would appreciate it before I get my hopes too high.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)