AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Leaving on a sabbatical.........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Cowboycorn
Posted 5/28/2009 23:19 (#726387)
Subject: Leaving on a sabbatical.........

north central Oklahoma
I tried my best to get banned today, but Dave just won't do it. Joke pic was slightly off color, but humorous to me.

I have been around the boss's house all week and haven't got jack chit done. Got some steps built out in the back yard, hauled a little rock in, went to the shooting range with my BP's, and every chance I got, stopped by here to check the boards and argue with Rex, ha. Guys, it's getting real close to a severe addiction, I gotta quit. With the Monday holiday and birthday and an Elder's meeting tonight, I could have gone to the farm for 3-1/2 days anyway, but nooooooooo. Told wife I didn't have that much going on out there (and for those that don't remember, farm is 100 miles west of house here in town), when actually, I wanted to stick around the boards. I don't often see them all week except late at night if I go up and visit the parents. See, I can't even get away from you NATers when I should be spending quality time with family.

Don't get me wrong, I have garnered a wealth of knowledge far beyond what I ever imagined here, but it is now controlling my time more than I feel it should. Brad has come on here with issues, I have my own. I pray for Brad on his, but I gotta handle my own issues in my own way. I only recently got a Facebook account, but still haven't mastered the learning curve there. Thanks to all those who have asked me to be Facebook friends, but I find even less time to go there now.

I was also appointed vice Elder tonight, I volunteered to relieve another elder who's wife is recouping from cancer. He needs the time. I want to give it to him. Perhaps this will help me schedule my time better than I do now.

I'm sure Rex won't miss me. I hope some do, but life will go on. I just have to make a 'zecutive' decision to think about others more so than myself right now.

I'll be back, and prolly check on some weekends, missing a lot as pages move fast.

Have a good summer all and hopefully a good '09 crop year to all.

CC out
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)