AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RE: I want to shoot olive
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 12/6/2010 09:44 (#1470722)
Subject: RE: I want to shoot olive

Frytown, Iowa

this is a response to: http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=198970&posts=7#M1465787

So i dont think i shot olive but i did shoot blitzen. shot him on a full run about 80 yrds.

Well i wanted to hunt public ground about 3.5 hrs away from me and instead of getting a hotel i just left my house at midnight to drive up there. snowed all night and the roads were covered. im glad for 4 wheel drive and good tires! got to the state park at 3:30 or so and loaded up the cart to head in about 3/4 of a mile. got in and picked a tree to climb and was up in it by 5:15am. it was snowing pretty good at the time and was a really wet snow. so i froze. and tried to sleep. and froze. about 6:30 (aprox. 15 mins till shooting) i drank a 5 hr. energy and that warmed me up cause now i started to stretch and move my limbs waking up. around 7:30am these 6 does came within 50 yrds of my stand but i didnt have a doe tag for that county. they were really fun to watch though. around 10 - 10:30am 3 bucks came blitzing past my stand at about 50 yrds. i had only a couple of seconds to see which was the bigger of the 3. i shot and the buck immediately split from the other 2. i got down and had a good blood trail to follow to go and finnish him off. turns out the buck ran closer to the trail back to the truck. I took some pics and loaded it on the cart and headed back. this timber is one of the prettiest timbers ive seen especially with fresh snow and the pictures dont do justice.

(allamakee.jpg)

(allamakee1.jpg)

(allamakee2.jpg)

(allamakee3.jpg)

(allamakee4.jpg)

(allamakee5.jpg)

(allamakee6.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments allamakee.jpg (52KB - 137 downloads)
Attachments allamakee1.jpg (59KB - 131 downloads)
Attachments allamakee2.jpg (53KB - 133 downloads)
Attachments allamakee3.jpg (62KB - 134 downloads)
Attachments allamakee4.jpg (60KB - 130 downloads)
Attachments allamakee5.jpg (79KB - 135 downloads)
Attachments allamakee6.jpg (52KB - 140 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)