AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Had a go around with kids principal today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

adsfarm
Posted 10/5/2010 22:34 (#1385385)
Subject: Had a go around with kids principal today

NE Iowa

Our school district has decided to charge students to park in the school parking lot. $10 a year per car, if you happen to drive 2 different cars it will be $20. If you do not pay and you get caught parking after 2 times its in school suspension and 4 times its straight suspension.Our school board caved to our super"overpayed"intendant on this issue despite severe opposition.Now our principal sits at the exit and watches every car that goes by to make sure they have a sticker to park.

Now, my son turned 16 yesterday and wanted to drive to school, me being the pi$$poor dad that I am have not had time to find him a car so he drives my truck in to school. Neither one of us thought about the parking issue, well he calls me before football practice and says that he has in school suspension tomorrow because he parked in school parking lot without paying, said the principal told him that he blatently broke the parking rules so that was why he had in school suspension. Well me being the calm person that I am:) jumped out of the combine and into my wifes car and flew 17 miles to our school to catch our principal before he jumps into his Escalade and goes home for the evening. Well as  I pull in there he is walking out so I jump out and tell him he can shove his parking rules and that my son will not be serving suspension and that I will never pay to park in a parking lot that my taxes paid for. He starts railing on me about budgets and shortfalls and how our district is so broke. When hes done I tell him to take his $100,000 salary and shove it. Well the word must of gotten out because my phone has been ringin off the hook and today I guess I am officially on the ballot for school board. And now they are re-thinking the parking fees.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)