AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flying Downunder.....?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ham
Posted 10/5/2010 06:30 (#1384604)
Subject: Flying Downunder.....?

Blvd d'Espair Bowhill, Sth Aust

I mentioned in response a few weeks back that QANTAS   at one stage  had the worlds best airline safety record. This was highlighted in the movie "Rain Man",  with Dustin Hoffman and  Tom Cruise.

I wasn't sure if it was still the case, but appears to be. 

At least of those airlines flying into Australia, and probably all airlines.

I lifted the following data from here.. http://travel.ninemsn.com.au/world/655293/which-is-the-worlds-safest-airline

Based on fatality rates alone ), here is a ranked list of popular carriers that fly in and out of Australasia. Remember — the lower an airline's ranking, the safer its track record:

• China Airlines — 7.16
  • Air India — 4.89
  • Thai Airways — 1.60
  • Singapore Airlines — 1.50
  • Cathay Pacific — 1.45
  • Air New Zealand — 0.74
  • United — 0.31

• and, still the safest airline with a total of zero fatalities ...
  • Qantas — 0.00

In reality the statistics  prove the chances of tragedy are extremely remote no matter who you fly with.. according to this...approximately 744 people were killed globally by commercial airline accidents in 2007. That is roughly equivalent to the number of people who died after being struck by lightning the very same year. So your chances of touching down in one piece are incredibly good, considering the fact that over ten million commercial flights took off last year  alone.                                                                                                                     By comparison, roughly 3,000 people are killed globally every DAY in automobile accidents.

Edited by Ham 10/5/2010 06:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)