AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pequea Planter attachments (Top Drive Pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WI Jeff
Posted 1/10/2012 14:27 (#2153708)
Subject: Pequea Planter attachments (Top Drive Pics)

Central WI

Hope the pics work, first try

Got up to see Carl today at the Planter Shop in Colby, WI If anyone in area wants to talk to him, phone is 715-223-1750

Here are a couple pics of the PQ top drive (planter also has a top mount trans). Brochure I got for it says can be mounted to a 7000, 7200, and 1750. I believe Carl said $650. Brochure also says vac planters need a hose kit, some planters may need a wheel floater kit (thinking non conservation style single lift cylinder). One wheel is enough for 6 rows, seed and fert.

Can also see in the pic the PQ heavy duty row markers.

Below is pics of our planter in our shop atm. We have PQ frame mounted no till coulters with Turbo till blades. They work very well for us. Will also notice we have custom extended length parallel arms, to give clearance between the coulter and row unit for trash wipers. Hoping next winter to fab up some brackets to make the row cleaners float behind the no till coulter instead of the rigid mount.

Plans are also next winter to add the PQ airbag downpressure. Currently working on hyd drive and seed tube monitoring with Agleader Integra, as well as going through a few bearings here and there. Also took insecticide units off, and will be taking row markers off (haven't used them since got gps 2 years ago) and moving the lift master cylinder into the tounge to better protect it from rocks etc now that it doesn't have to run clutches anymore. Also raised the toolbar in front 2.5" to better match what the 7200 has, and give out PQ single disk fert openers a little more ground clearance under the pivots.

If anyone wants to see pics of the fert openers let me know and I'll get one. They are currently off on a pallet as we were raising the toolbar up. 

Edited by WI Jeff 1/10/2012 17:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)