AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to dress 1930's style?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hwdcne
Posted 10/2/2010 22:39 (#1382062)
Subject: How to dress 1930's style?

Soutwest Ks.

This winter I am going to be poising as an original owner of a Ford Model T car that I purchased in 1925 when I was 25.  I'm not sure exactly what type of clothes to wear, but I have some ideas.  I have a pair of Big Smith bib overalls, am looking for an old Big Smith chore jacket.  I have some real old fashioned lace up shoes that are way past their prime and my heart is set on finding an old ear muff syle cap that has the fold down ear muffs with one muff (sp) in the front that stands straight up with a some kind of a strap to fasten it, (which of course I will leave unfastened) I am going to use some real dark clip on sunglasses and pretend to be legally blind.  I of course will be quite frail and hard of hearing.  The whole skit will revolve around a reporter coming out from Chicago, Ill. and interviewing me about my Model T purchase and also my trip to CA in 1930.  What do you say about the clothes?  Any other thoughts?  Incidentally I will be a farmer.  I need the Big Smith chore jacket and the cap yet to finish my outfit.  Cap size small to medium, Jacket Large.  Anybody have these items gathering dust?  Any other thoughts?  This got started this last summer as a last minute entertainment gig for a local retirement home and it looks like it struck some interest. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)