AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Educate me about used 4-wheelers....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JFDairy
Posted 2/15/2010 20:51 (#1076759)
Subject: Educate me about used 4-wheelers....

middle TN
Folks,

I have a small dairy farm, and am looking for a used ATV for use around the farm. I am kinda partial to Honda, as I have had really good luck with other Honda engines on compressors, power washers etc. Not married to the brand, just partial. I have located several ATVs on craigslist and elsewhere that seem to be decent from the pics, have not went and looked at any yet. I have never owned one, and have only ridden a 4 wheeler maybe half a dozen times in my life so I know zilch about what to look for in a used model. How big, what are the wear points that one should look for, 2 or 4 wheel drive? What wears out that can't be easily rebuilt? How many hours or miles is alot? Not especially interested in the larger UTV-mule types of vehicles, as I want to be able to drive up to a gap and open the handle and go through. I want one to use for fence maintenance, as I have miles of hot wires that do need some upkeep. Don't know that I need one to pull anything, maybe drag a plastic feed bunk around occasionally, but that would be about it. I hope you can give me some info on this. Thanks for your input!

Jared in TN
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)