AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Land planes... levelers... floats... Arkansas or Mississippi guys
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cottonfarmer
Posted 1/31/2010 21:19 (#1051576)
Subject: Land planes... levelers... floats... Arkansas or Mississippi guys

west Tennessee
Ok ... heres a broad question. I need some type of land leveler. We dont grow rice, or furrow irrigate. just need to fill in low places in fields ,take out some high spots etc on bottomland fields that just dont drain well andare nearly level anyway...

I cant really get up and down the roads or intofieldentrances with a really plane,but I have seen some narrower machines with four large tires like motorgrader tires, I think the ones I have seen were made by Rome maybe? maybe even reynolds? theone im looking for is much heavier built than most of what i see in arkansas sales...I go to tons of arkansas and mississippi auctions looking for one like this but cant come across one.

My next question is exactly what do i need? I see lots of wide lightweight lookingplanes or floats made by various maufactures but dont really understand what the different types are and what their uses are?

If anyone has anypictures tohelp explain thedifferent types and brandsit would be greatly appreciated. Iknow where one is like the one im trying to describe,maybe I can get a picture of it to post on here tomorrow...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)