AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Used round balers again...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 1/18/2016 20:24 (#5046125)
Subject: Used round balers again...

KY

I know it's a hot topic and searches yield lots of info, but here's my deal.  Looking at getting into a belt baler this spring.  I have an extremely heavy 855 New Holland chain machine now.  It'll roll trees if I ask it to, just getting worn pretty good and trips out of the tractor to the baler and back are becoming more and more frequent, a grand or a grand and a half would probably fix it as close to new as it would get, but I can't see the sense there.  NH chain types are all I have run except for baling 15 acres 2 years ago with a neighbors new Vermeer, I was rolling bales that looked like a sales ad in 5 minutes but I can't justify that kind of money nor do I have it do burn either now.  Have never messed with anything but twine.  Here's the topic:  Personal opinions from users on these three

Deere 535 ( Seems like the golden machine for older belt machines, so high on the list.)

NH 660/664 series machines

Case rbx461 (only because there's one close to me I just happened to notice.)  Weren't those actually a Hesston machine???

For now, only about 25% of hay is kept inside, hope to change that soon but let's assume 25%

Balance sits out in rows, not sleeved nor tarped.

Have never messed with net wrap, worth it, not worth it?  Advantage/disadvantage?  I would assume the biggest drawback is having to cut it off each roll you feed?  I feed in poly hay rings, and move them 30 feet or so each feeding to keep the muck factor down.  They don't waste a whole lot, much less with dry hay of course. Talking baling 300-400 rolls a year, maybe 5 if I do a little wheat hay now and again.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)