AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bought equipment on Auctiontime.com, would you wire $60k to a farmer/dealer 700 miles away?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 4/3/2013 20:51 (#3011396)
Subject: Bought equipment on Auctiontime.com, would you wire $60k to a farmer/dealer 700 miles away?

Southeast Colorado
This is probably a better post for the machinery forum but I know you folks over here better. I bought this air seeder today on Auction time.com. The farmer/dealer I bought it from sent me wiring instructions immediately following the auction. Having never used Auction time I thought maybe I would call them and find out what kind of guarantee I would get from them that this is a legit deal. They stated basically that they were only the means to hook up the buyer and seller and that I should only pay them at my own risk. They say this company has done a lot of business with them and have always been good but I'm obviously a little nervous. Heck...........even good companies sometimes go broke (MF Global, Enron). I really don't have any reason to suspect this dealer of doing anything dubious............I just question my own business common sense of wiring someone that much money with nothing but their word that I will be made whole. The company name is Clayton Farms and Equipment. The drill is in Illinois but they evidently at least operate from both there and Tenesee. Have any of you guys done business with them and can help ease my mind on this matter?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)