AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Family Farm question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

MOjeeper
Posted 11/7/2010 12:31 (#1425667)
Subject: Family Farm question.

NEMO

Are family farms suppose to start over with every generation or is the family suppose to continue on and build one generation from the next.  I and some other on here catch a lot of slack for farming with our families because we get to run "dads" equipment.   I'm trying to understand the "well your just running your dad's stuff so you don't know" comments(don't get me wrong there a LOT that I  don't know, but I'm learning as I go). I worked a town job when I got out of college and figured out real soon how much I missed the farm and wanted to go back. So that's what I did.  When dad decides to retire, nothing will be handed over, it will have to be bought from him or bought as I or my brother farm more ground before he retires. Yea I could of tried it on my own, but why would I want to compete with my dad and/or brother in the family business..OR maybe I have all wrong.

Wondering what everybody else's thoughts are on this. I'm just tired of some people on here trying to put me or a few of the other's down because were working on the family farm.

If you want you can also Email me your thoughts on this.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)