AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Puppy ownership and kids questions...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jon S
Posted 4/20/2009 18:53 (#687209)
Subject: Puppy ownership and kids questions...

Alright, I have a few questions about dog ownership.

I will admit that I had a few dogs when I was a kid, and maybe it helped to somehow forge me into what I am today. But, currently I have enough animals (Turkeys, cows & formerly Hogs) to care for that I really am not interested in another mouth to feed. So this leads me to questions for the group.

Here's the back-story:

We had a Jack Russell which was a really great dog (and he dispatched many a ground hog), but died before the kids could really appreciate him. He loved to ride with me in anything that burned irreplaceable fossil fuels. He was just in general a great companion. He's currently buried here on the farm because he passed away a couple years ago (he was 17 yrs old). Well, the kids (wife mostly) insists that we get another dog. We already have 3 work cats that thanks to the kids have made the interior of the house their domain when "Jack" passed, but now the majority stockholders of the family seem to think we need not ONE, but now TWO Jack Russell pups because the pair in question cannot be separated. What is this family Co-Chair to do? The other family Co-Chair trumps me on such emotional decisions for reasons to only be revealed by email correspondence (if you want or need to know the answer, you'll have to email me. lol).

Anyway, I already know what I have to do because I am severely out voted for a variety of reasons. BUT, my questions are:

How important is dog ownership to a child's development? (Especially when they watch the dang Animal Planet channel all of the time.)

What should I do about the 'two' versus 'one' dog issue?

What should I use as a negotiation tool?

Does anyone have a room for rent in case I say NO?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)