AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just In Case You Missed Me
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

showboat
Posted 3/30/2009 18:54 (#662547)
Subject: Just In Case You Missed Me

Just in case you missed me for several days, I took a little unexpected "vacation" time last week.

And if your "significant other" is bugging you to get that physical you've been putting off....well, maybe you better do it.

It is important to remember throughout this discussion, that at NO point did I ever feel bad, or have any inkling of what was to come.

Couple of weeks ago, I finally got around to finishing the physical I started a year ago. The part that remained was the old treadmill stress test. Completed the stress test successfully, although there was a tiny amount of chest "pressure" as we were acheiving the maximum stress load. I thought it was God's way of telling me the test was about over.

Nice little tech person asked me if I had any chest distress under any other circumstances--no. Diabetes--no. Tobacco use--no. Family heart history at early ages--no. Weight gain--not a pound in the last twenty years. Overweight--not more than 10-15 lbs. Consume lots of caffein--no. Well, since I had minimal risk factors, she was sure there was nothing to be concerned about....

Got a call a couple days later from the Dr.'s office again suggesting that there was probably nothing to be concerned about, but the ekg did seem to show some poor circulation in a couple areas of my heart--and I probably ought to see a cardiologist--just to rule out any unnecessary risks---and there could be multiple causes for that, anyway.....I figured my local Dr. was just covering his tail.........

Well, here we are a week later, and last Monday I got 5 by-passes. FIVE BY-PASSES in the chest of a guy who had no significant symptoms or warning "issues". I've known folks who entered the hospital with acute symptoms, and tremendous health imperfections, who resolved their issues with a heart cath., and a stent or two.....but I had two totally blocked arteries, and several more partially blocked. And the skilled support staff kept running around wondering aloud as to why I hadn't already had a heart attack.?

Well, the good news is that I am back at home, and "up and around". And for all the trauma, the experts couldn't find any damage to the heart muscle itself.....go figure. I'm feeling stronger by the day, although I'm in NO hurry to try that treadmill thing again. And it will be quite a while before I'm in any mood to show off that new zipper in my chest.......

So listen to your body folks, and listen to your Dr.s and staff....and listen to those folks who love you, when they "remind" you to go get those physicals every so often. And say a prayer of Thanks to the Heavenly Father who provides miracles. I know I am. Showboat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)