AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kohler engine help PLEASE!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Posted 9/2/2008 11:37 (#449454)
Subject: Kohler engine help PLEASE!

I purchased a JD F620 zero turn used...has a Kohler engine that has taught me some new cuss words. I have never owned a Kohler and this will be the last I hope.

Without notice the engine will sputter out while mowing...it just dies unless you pull the choke...then it will idle for a bit.

Sometimes I can mow my whole yard w/o problem, sometimes I make it a half hour before it just sputters out and dies. I walk away and let it cool down then come back and finish the yard.

The engine runs like a champ otherwise.

I have had the dealership where I purchased the mower come and get it twice...only to charge me to tell me there is nothing wrong.

The third time they came and got it they kept and used it until it died on them...but they "think" it is the carb vapor locking. It is now back at my house laying dead in the yard and I cannot afford to have the dealership come and get it, charge me, then bring it back problem unresolved.

I have determined the problem is not electrical as I have spark and engine starves for fuel when this problem occurs.

I have done all process of elimination...fuel filter, cleaned gas tank, checked vacuum...engine is clean. The dealer tells me the coil is good.

I have officially thrown in the towel.

All I want to do is mow my yard.

Help save my sanity with good advice on a Kohler engine problem please.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)