AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pumping chemical out of totes? / Tender trailer set up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JamesFarms
Posted 1/24/2017 17:31 (#5791382)
Subject: Pumping chemical out of totes? / Tender trailer set up

fort smith ar
I'm setting up a new tender trailer and trying to figure out the best way to get Chems out of totes into mix cone then to sprayer. See where some suck it out with main water pump and was wondering how you keep from getting contaimination in hoses and pump. Main tote would be pmax and most other chems (24d, water conditioner, atrazine, flexstar, pres, etc.) will be in 2.5gal jugs poured into mix cone. Need a way to pump out of tote up ( no gravity) into mix cone all on top deck of drop deck trailer.

Also those measuring rup totes by the inch how do you know you don't have gallons left over in the hose from the tote when valve is shut? (Airlocked in there I'm thinking?)

I would like to stay away from as many meters and 12v pumps as possible for simplicity. I'm thinking a seperate hose for Chems going to inductor on sprayer so I wouldn't get contamination into fill water hoses and pump.?

Not interested in high dollar mixing system, just something simple and effective. Some ideas and pics of how your mix cone is set up and plumbed would be great.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)