AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If you travel, especially in unknown areas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 10/27/2010 11:19 (#1410171)
Subject: If you travel, especially in unknown areas

East central Iowa

My son and daughter in law gave us a Garmin NUVI 205  Portable GPS Navigator.  I didn't think much of it at the time because we don't travel much and when we do I make a map with Google before we go.

However after traveling to Texas with the thing I wouldn't travel without it.  It made going through Fort Worth a breeze and took us to MD Anderson Hospital in Houston without a hitch.

It tells you how far to the next turn, which way the turn will be and counts down the distance to that turn.  If you are in a strange town and want pizza it will find a shop, closes will be first.  That was a boon in Wichita where there was construction work going on.  We were able to get to a pizza place and find our way back in the dark.  Without the NUVI it would have taken some significant extra time.

When traveling back from Duluth we wanted to get a sandwich, there was a sign indicating a Subway so we turned off.  8 miles later we were there.  I wasn't happy.  With the NUVI it would have told me that place was 8 miles away and we'd kept on going to a place that didn't take us so long and add time to our trip.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)