AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Have any of your personally Thanked a Teacher you had?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Rich
Posted 5/7/2009 22:32 (#706589)
Subject: Have any of your personally Thanked a Teacher you had?

Kansas
I just got a facebook acct, havn't been on there 3 weeks yet and I was scrolling through a friend list of a friend and discovered my old science teacher from my freshman year.

Now that man was just Golden to me. I was an onery lil snit back then in school but 9 times out of 10 I felt it was justified the hell and grief I caused because of unjust and unfair rulings..........or so I thought........at the time.

This man was the greatest teacher I ever had. He made learning fun and he made learning easy. he wasn't easy, but his teaching so we would retain things was.

Well, I added him as a friend and sent him a request to be mine.

I get in this evening and I get a email from him stating how happy he was that I remembered him and telling me about how he's been lately.

To make a story I could stretch out into 4 paragraphs short........................I wrote that man back about a 4 paragraph email thanking him over and over for how good he was to me and how I learned so much from him and I felt like part of my success in life could be attributed to him being a teacher of mine.

I have waited over 20 years to seek that man out and Thank him and I finally got it done tonite and done in a very proper way that I don't think 10 years ago the words would of flowed with the ease and strength like they did tonite.

I was just wondering, was there anyone in your school career that really stands out in your mind that really made a difference in your life? Went that extra mile to care? Proved to you that they were there not merely for a paycheck but to really perform thier job and showed that passion they had for teaching by it?

I got to say that I feel real good tonite. I finally got something to scratch off the "bucket list" that I didn't think I'd ever accomplish.

Thanks for letting me air a few thoughts tonite.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)