AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I had a little scare yesterday (please be careful)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

emtbd1979
Posted 12/2/2010 12:55 (#1464874)
Subject: I had a little scare yesterday (please be careful)

west central illinois
3 years ago I tore my knee up on a white water rafting trip,but it hasn't givin me any problems for about a year until yesterday. I was loading corn at a remote bin site we have about 6 miles from our shop, I started the tractor and engaged the pto, then walked behind the tractor to start the bin auger, I must have twisted wrong or something inreally don't know for sure but my knee completely dislocated and I fell just missing the pto shaft ( which was running) I tried a few times but I couldn't get a hold of anything to get me up and of courser phone was in the semi and not a sole around.finally I was able to get it back in place and get to the truck. What has really made me think is if I couldn't have gotten up I may have laid there for several hours before anyone would have come looking for me,with the temps in the 30s and the wind blowing 20mph I wondered what kind of shape I would have been in not to mention if i would have landed on the pto shaft when I fell,the guards are on there but I don't want to find out how well they work. I just thought I would tell you guys story as it only takes a split second to go from a mundane task to an emergency so please keep the phones nearby I have learned my lesson for sure.

Edited by emtbd1979 12/2/2010 12:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)