AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Complete Cutterbar Replacement Kits
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/5/2014 08:12 (#4002693)
Subject: Complete Cutterbar Replacement Kits

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have a Deere 930F head that I use for soybeans. It came with the used 9650STS combine that I traded for some years ago. I was happy with the job it did when I first got it. I realize it will not cut as close or fast as the newer heads.

Trading for a newer style head would require a considerable amount of change. We don't have a lot of acres of soybeans so I plan on keeping the 930F. I have replaced guards and sickle sections through the years but I'm considering replacing all the cutterbar parts.

I notice that Shoup has kits that include everything that is needed. The kits are available with their single heat-treated or their double heat-treated guards. According to the chart, the single-heat treated kit is $ 1286.65 and the double heat-treated kit is $1391.05. This would supposedly be the Deere equivalent.

I assume the double heated treated guards would stand up better in rocky conditions. We don't have a rock problem and I only break a few guards during a complete harvest.

I have used Tiger Jaws and Cray products with other heads. I have no experience with the SCH Easycut system. I notice that Shoup has SCH kits as well. It appears that a 30' kit with wear plates is $ 1832.00 and with roller guides is $ 2089.00.

Given my age and the number of acres involved, I'm not sure how far I should go. Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

Edited by tedbear 8/5/2014 11:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)