AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

modular homes? wausau homes?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

stormchased1
Posted 4/22/2013 19:24 (#3055426)
Subject: modular homes? wausau homes?

south central Iowa
Considering a modular home as opposed to stickbuilt. I like modular better than my wife, my reasons being quick, more house for the money, 100% known cost upfront no overuns, less chance of construction error, supposedly more lumber and screws used instead of nails and glue in joints, I just like the concept if executed properly. She likes stick built because some others look down on them, esp contractors and realtors. Myself, I dont care if it has less resale value if it costs less in front, and also I dont intend to ever sell because it will be on my farm and as far as Im concerned my great grandkids will be walking around on this place someday. This will not be a cheap modular, but upscale in design and trim.

I heard that wausau homes was pretty good, and I sure like some of the designs, but they come clear from wisconsin and I wonder about travel stress going to southern Iowa. I also heard the all american was good and they are made here in Iowa, but still 4 hours away, but I dont really like the old fashioned designs they seem to have.

I would like to know more about modular and also these two companies, Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)