AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Excellent bug control for house yards
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 6/19/2016 10:02 (#5363703)
Subject: Excellent bug control for house yards

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
My BIL has a very secluded cabin by a small sand pit pond. He's got it fixed up very nice but the bugs have always been a problem in the past summer months. This year he is doing something different for bug control and it's remarkable the amount of bugs this year compared to previous years, there just aren't any. With all the rains we've had here in NW Iowa this spring I thought for sure it would be mesquito and gnat heaven out there this year but it's just the opposite. He just doesn't have any problems even way past dark till 12:00-1:00. I thought I'd share his home made recipe for control. The best part is it's totally safe for everyone including babies,kids,grown ups and pets. Here it is.

1 container of Epson salt
1 large bottle of menthol mouth wash
2 cans of beer
Mix all into 20 gallons of water

He says he just pulls his small sprayer around the yard and sprays everything with his hand wand. It's supposed to last 30 days but he does it every 2 weeks if he knows he's going to have a lot of people around. I'm not sure but I think he said his wife got this off Pinterest.

He did tell me after he gave me the recipe that the beer was for drinking while you're applying the product around the yard, then he started laughing. Seriously though use the 2 cans of beer in the mix, consumption of extra beverage of your choice is optional :-).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)